When peppers are roasted in the oven they develop a great aroma! That is why the vegetable soup uses few ingredients and still tastes surprisingly special.
- 6th red peppers
- 1 Red onion
- 200 g Leeks
- 200 g Celery
- 5–6 stem (s) oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 l vegetable broth
- 1-2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- pepper from the grinder
- Halve the peppers, clean and wash and place on a baking sheet with the skin side up. Roast in a preheated oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / convection: 175 ° C / gas: see manufacturer) for about 20 minutes.
- Now peel the onions and cut them. Clean and wash the leek and cut it into rings. Clean, wash, and cut the celery into pieces. Take the peppers out of the oven, let them cool down a little, peel off the skin, cut the peppers into pieces.
- Wash the oregano, shake dry and remove the leaves.
- Heat oil in a pot. Fry the onion, leek, and celery for 2-3 minutes while turning. Add the paprika and 3/4 of the oregano. Pour in the stock and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Finely puree the soup and sprinkle with pepper and garnish with the remaining oregano. Whole grain bread tastes good with it.