Soup for those in a hurry: the delicious combination of velvety sweet potato and sour apple is ready in just 25 minutes.
- 3 Shallots
- 400 g Sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 750 ml vegetable broth
- 2 (approx. 350 g; e.g. Elstar) tart apples
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 handle (s) basil
- Cayenne pepper
- Peel and dice shallots. Peel and wash the potatoes, cut into pieces approx. 2 cm in size. Heat the butter in a saucepan. Steam the shallots in it until translucent. Add the potatoes and sauté for about 2 minutes while turning.
- Deglaze with stock and bring to the boil, cover and cook over medium heat for 10–15 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash and peel the apples. Cut thin slices from 1 apple around the core. Cut the slices into fine sticks. Drizzle with lemon juice. Core and dice the remaining apple. Wash the basil, shake dry, pull off the leaves.
- Add the apple cubes to the soup and bring it to a boil briefly. Finely puree the soup with the hand blender. Season with salt and cayenne pepper. Stir apple strips into the soup. Arrange in bowls sprinkled with basil.