Quick lentil and sweet potato stew
- 200 g Red lenses
- 1 Red onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 piece (s) (approx. 20 g) ginger
- 450 g Sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Vegetable broth (instant)
- 75 g Cashew nuts
- some stem (s) coriander
- ground coriander
- Curry powder
- Cayenne pepper
- a few squirts of lemon juice
- 200 g Greek cream yogurt
- Roast the lentils in a saucepan without fat for 4–5 minutes, stirring constantly. Put in a colander, rinse. Peel the onions, garlic and ginger also and then cut them into fine pieces. Peel, wash, and chop the sweet potatoes.
- Heat the oil in the pan. Sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger for about 3 minutes while turning. Briefly sauté the sweet potatoes. Add the lentils. Pour 850 ml of water, stir in the stock, bring to the boil.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Roast the cashew nuts in a pan until golden brown, remove them, allow to cool a little, and roughly chop. Wash the coriander, shake dry and remove the leaves. Season the soup with 1⁄4 teaspoon of ground coriander, 1⁄2 teaspoon of curry, salt, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice.
- Serve the soup with 1 dollop of yogurt. Serve sprinkled with coriander.