Although not botanically related, green peas and fine chickpeas make the perfect duo. Well, if that’s not a sign of Love, Peace, and Happiness. Give peas a chance!
- 1 can (s) (425 ml each) Chickpeas
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk (400ml)
- 3 tbsp Coconut chips
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 500 g Frozen peas
- 2 Onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Vegetable broth (instant)
- Salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper
- Rinse the chickpeas in a colander and drain them. Peel and dice the onions and garlic. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Sauté onions and garlic in it. Approx. Set aside 1⁄3 chickpeas. Add the rest of the chickpeas, 3⁄4 l water, coconut milk, and stock. Now boil it for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast the coconut chips in a pan without fat, remove. Now wash the fresh mint and after it gets dry pluck the leaves from it. Add half of the mint leaves and approx. 400 g frozen peas to the soup. Bring to the boil again and simmer for about 2 minutes. Then puree everything finely and if necessary pass through a sieve.
- Add the rest of the frozen peas and the rest of the chickpeas to the soup and bring to the boil. Add some salt to taste and the two types of pepper, one is the simple pepper and the other one cayenne. Serve and sprinkle with the rest of the mint and toasted coconut chips.